The mission of the Wilson County Financial Services Department is to provide timely, accurate and complete information and support to departments and the community by maintaining accounting and financial reporting systems and communicating policies and procedures necessary to ensure the proper and efficient use of county funds.
It is the vision of the Wilson County Financial Services Department to meet the financial and accounting needs of Wilson County with quality performance by providing customer service in a professional, courteous and service-oriented manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Services Department processes all of the following:
- Accounts payable
- Purchase orders
- Accounts receivable
Wilson County's fixed assets and inventory are maintained in the Financial Services Department and are updated as needed. All reserve funds are invested by the Finance Director in compliance with G.S. 159-30. Wilson County employees are paid once a month through direct deposit.
- Accounting Supervisor -- Melissa Pitt
- Accountant/Projects -- Becky Moore
- Accountant/Financial Services -- Pam Beaman
- Accounting Technician/AP/Office Assistant -- Danae Windsor
- Accounting Technician/AR -- Courtney Bissette
- Payroll Coordinator -- Tina Holland
- Senior Accountant -- Angel Landrau